From Flash Game Dojo
Revision as of 08:52, 16 October 2010 by Offal
|FlashPunk is a free ActionScript library, created by Chevy Ray Johnston, designed for developing 2D Flash games. Its goal is to provide a fast, clean framework to prototype and develop games in. This means that most of the dirty work (timestep, animation, input, and collision to name a few) is already coded and ready to go, allowing more time and energy to concentrate on design and testing. FlashGameDojo's wiki provided a set of useful snippets and tutorials for FlashPunk users to browse through.|
- Fixed and variable timestep support.
- Fast & manageable rectangle, pixel, and grid collision system.
- Helper classes for animations, tilemaps, text, backdrops, and more.
- Sound effect support with volume, panning, and fading/crossfading.
- Powerful motion tweening for linear, curved, and path-based movement.
- Z-sorted render lists for easy depth management.
- Simple keyboard and mouse input state checking.
- Quick & efficent particle effects and emitters.